A volunteer board of directors governs the club. See the board page for the current board of directors.
Nominating, Newsletter-E-News, Membership, Programs, Pleasure Rides, Rules & Parliamentarian, Hospitality, Trail Ambassadors Contact Information is on the Board page.
The purpose of the club is to promote all phases of trail riding as a family activity and to serve as trail advocates for Oklahoma's horse trails.
Membership is open to all people interested in trail riding. The cost is $25 individual or $35 family membership. If you elect to receive a hard-copy newsletter in lieu of using the electronic version, there is a $12.50 add-on fee. OETRA meets at various locations throughout the state. Board meetings are held during OETRA-hosted trail rides.
How to Join!
Online: From the Home page, click the big blue button titled "Login or Join".
- On the next screen in the "Join" area, select either individual or family, and click the Join button.
- On the next screen, humor us and put in part of your last name even if you're SURE you're not a member and click Search.
This is a new system and some of our old members are not sure whether they have an account or not and we don't want them
creating a duplicate account.
- When the screen returns, click the "none of the above is me" button and
- a red button will appear that says "continue to create an account".
- Click it and the appropriate membership form will appear.
- Note: the required fields have a red asterisk.
- Note: this system requires a strong password but it's easy to create one if you'll take a moment to read the rules.
- Note: in the second block there's a dropdown to select "Method of Payment". If you select "check" the address of the treasurer will be displayed when you create the account. If you select PayPal, a PayPal button will be displayed. We charge a slightly higher fee simply to recover the PayPal charge.
Paper: Download the membership form (will open in new window)
The OETRA communicates to its members through a wonderful monthly newsletter full of trail riding reports, a large calendar of Oklahoma rides and neighboring states, as well as trail riding and horse tips. The club also has a website , a members-only Yahoo message board and a Facebook Group Page (open to the public).
The OETRA is the host of many pleasure rides held throughout the year. Those rides are listed on the calendar of events page. The club also helps maintain many of the Oklahoma equestrian trails and was instrumental in the addition of equestrian camps and facilities added with the trails. Club members host workdays to keep our horse trails nice for everyone and to trail blaze new areas.